NICOLE TESTA MEHDIPOUR
Owner and Partner
U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee
Tele: (954) 858-5880 ext. 101
Nova Southeastern University, J.D.
University of Miami, Business Law Specialization, M.B.A.
Emory University, B.B.A
Bar Admissions: The Florida Bar
Nicole Testa Mehdipour has represented individual debtors, business debtors, bankruptcy trustees, lenders, landlords, creditors’ committees, and general unsecured creditors in complex chapter 11 and chapter 7 cases across many different industries, including the telecommunications, entertainment, information technology, aviation, retail, restaurant, healthcare, financial, manufacturing, computer, pharmaceutical, and automotive industries. Ms. Mehdipour has both prosecuted and defended discharge and non-dischargeability actions. She has experience prosecuting and defending bankruptcy avoidance claims, including fraudulent and preferential transfers, and has extensive claims’ administration and objection experience.
As a panel trustee for the U.S. Trustee Program for the Southern District of Florida, Ms. Mehdipour regularly serves as a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee and has served as a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Trustee. Ms. Mehdipour further has substantial experience representing trustees as counsel in Chapter 7 and chapter 11 proceedings. Because of this broad experience, Ms. Mehdipour approaches cases from a unique perspective in drawing upon her knowledge and experience form having administered hundreds of individual and business chapter 7 cases. This experience combined with a Master’s in Business Administration specializing in Business Law allows Ms. Mehdipour to not only provide general business advice to companies and individuals in an effort to increase profitability and operate efficiently, but to approach distressed situations from a unique perspective. Ms. Mehdipour thoroughly understands businesses and financials, which enable her to provide sound legal and practical advice.
- Chapter 11 and 7 for corporations and individuals
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Panel Chapter 7 Trustee, U.S. Trustee Program for Southern District of Florida, Dept. of Justice
- Chapter 11 Trustee
- Assignee in Assignment for Benefit of Creditors
- Out-of-Court Restructuring/Workouts
- Asset Sales – In and Out of Bankruptcy
Publications & Seminars
- Guest Speaker and Panelist, CFO Summit: “Growing your Business in a Down Economy (Legal Implications of Acquiring Distressed Assets)." Sponsored by Microsoft. December 11, 2009, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- “Managing Your Risk: Deepening Insolvency Liability From the Financial Advisor's Perspective, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors News,” Co-Authored, June-July 2003.
- Comment, Sentenced to Life? An Analysis of the United States Supreme Court’s Decision in Washington v. Glucksberg, 22 Nova L. Rev. 821 (1997).
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Bar Association, Southern District of Florida
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod
- Adorno & Yoss
- Genovese Lichtman, Joblove & Battista
- Law Clerk, Kelley, Drye & Warren
- Judicial Intern, 4th District Court of Appeal